This article provides a step-by-step guide how to configure and install CirQlive MEETS as an LTI tool in your Canvas LMS.
1) This page refers to Canvas admins installing MEETS on the admin level.
If you are a teacher installing the LTI on your own private course, please see https://cirqlive.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/8000084646
2) The CirQlive app in the Canvas app store is a generic app. You received a unique platform. Kindly install with the instructions below and not via the CirQlive app in the Canvas app store.
Stage 1. LTI installation on the Account Settings
On the left-hand panel, go to Admin and select the account to which you wish to add MEETS.
Go to Settings
Go to Apps
Go to View App Configurations
Select "+ App" to add an app.
Under Configuration Type select "By URL". Note that this will replace some of the options on the page with a field called "Config URL".
For the following section, you will need the Configuration URL, Consumer Key and Shared Secret provided to you in the MEETS Admin Panel when first setting up a MEETS instance. (to retrieve your LTI credentials, please see: Creating a MEETS integration instance for your LMS)
Alternatively, CirQlive may not have provided you with a MEETS Admin Panel. In this case, you will have received a Configuration URL, Consumer Key and Shared Secret directly from CirQlive which you can use when following the steps below.
After selecting "By URL" enter the following fields in the window:
- For "Name", enter "MEETS".
- For the "Consumer Key", enter the Consumer Key (which you received from the MEETS Admin Panel or directly from CirQlive)
- For the "Shared Secret", enter the Shared Secret (which you received from the MEETS Admin Panel or directly from CirQlive)
- For "Config URL", enter the Configuration URL (which you received from the MEETS Admin Panel or directly from CirQlive)
Important NoteNotes regarding the Configuration URL:
Once done, click "Submit".
Once submitted, your LTI tool will appear in your list of External Apps.
Stage 2. Manually adding MEETS LTI to a Course (if you chose to disable automatic propagation in Stage 1)
The default setting for the Configuration URL (see Stage 1), will have MEETS automatically appear on every course page. In this case, you can skip this section.
If you disabled automatic propagation in Stage 1, then on course pages where you wish to add MEETS, go to the "Settings" section using the menu on the left, and choose the "Navigation" tab.
You should see a disabled "MEETS" box at the bottom of the page. (If you gave the tool a different name than "MEETS" in Stage 1, you will see that name instead)
Drag the MEETS box into the list of active navigation links and place it in the position in the list where you wish to have it appear. (This list matches the links on the left panel, and will let you rearrange any of the links which appear there as well)
Once you have positioned MEETS where you want it, click "Save".
After clicking save, a "MEETS" link should now appear in the left-hand panel of the course, giving your users direct, one-click access to the MEETS platform.
Adding MEETS to additional courses
To add MEETS to additional courses, simply repeat Stage 2 for each course. (Stage 1 only needs to be done once per site and instance)