|Expert Tips for Instructors:|
MEETS offers a number of features to facilitate web conferencing session scheduling organization and notification:
- Email reminders: One can subscribe to get personalized email reminders about upcoming web conferencing events to ensure they do not miss a session. Reminder emails come with an ICS attachment that can automatically populate your personal calendar with the event, if your email client has an integrated calendar that supports this feature.
- Scheduling changes: Students subscribing for this option, would get automatic notifications if web conferencing events were scheduled, cancelled or their time changed. The platform tries to consolidate these emails in order not to overload your inbox, as several changes can occur within a short time.
- A teacher subscribing for this option would get notified when a student reserves a time slot in the appointment schedule module.
- Itinerary: To enhance one's organization, one can subscribe for a personalized time to get an organized list of the upcoming sessions.
Click on "Account Settings" on the top right of the MEETS platform and then access the "Email" tab in the left-hand navigation panel.
General: Defining your email address for the email subscriptions.
- Your identity email address is the primary email address in your Learning Management System. By default, notifications will be sent to this address.
- This option allows you to select a different email address to receive notifications. After specifying your preferred email address, click "Send Verification". The verification email will request you to enter your identity email address (see point 1 just above).
- Reminders: Check the box to subscribe for this service. Choose the amount of time that you wish to be reminded of before the session.
- Scheduling Changes: Check the box to subscribe for this service. Choose the time frame within which you wish to get notified of scheduled, rescheduled, or cancelled sessions within any of your courses or appointments that have been reserved in your appointment scheduler. You will not be emailed about changes that occur further into the future than the time frame specified.
- Itinerary: Check the box to subscribe for this service. Choose the frequency, and choose the time slot of your choice to receive the itinerary of the upcoming sessions.